Polycom IP-670 Quick Reference Guide
Posted by Alex Salehi on 21 June 2016 08:09 PM
This article explains the basic operation of the Polycom IP-670 device.
- The four buttons immediately below the LCD display are soft keys.
- Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above it.
- Soft key behavior is context sensitive – the soft key associated action changes according to the current phone state.
Place a Call
- Enter the desired internal extension or external number.
- Lift the receiver or press the speakerphone button to call.
- To access voicemail messages, press the Messages key to the right of the keypad.
Depending on your system configuration, you may be asked for your voicemail passcode.
Last Number Redial
- Lift the receiver.
- Press the Redial button.
For speakerphone or headset use, press Redial without lifting the handset.
- To place a call on hold, press the Hold button.
- To resume the call, press Hold again.
- To transfer a call, press the Transfer key to the left of the keypad.
- Dial the destination number, then press the Send soft key.
- When the destination party answers, announce the caller, and press Transfer again to complete the transfer.
- To transfer a call, press the Blind soft key and enter the destination number.
- Press the Send soft key to connect the remote party to the destination, and to disconnect yourself from the call.
Ad-Hoc Conference / 3-Way Calling
- Place (or receive) a call.
- To add another party to the call, press the Conference key to the left of the keypad.
- Enter the destination number or extension and press Send.
- Once the destination party answers, press Conference again.
- All parties join a 3-way call.
Do Not Disturb
- Press the Do Not Disturb button to send all calls to voicemail. The phone display indicates when Do Not Disturb mode is active.
- To resume normal operation, press the Do Not Disturb button again. The phone receives calls normally.
- To enable call forwarding, press Menu, then select Features, then select Forward.
- Select the type of forwarding to enable, then select a destination.
- The phone display will indicate when call forwarding is enabled.
- To deactivate forwarding, press the Forward soft key, press the forwarding type, then press Disable.
Ringer and Handset Volume
- To change the ringer volume, when the phone is idle, press the (–) or (+) button at the bottom of the keypad.
- To change the volume of a call, during an active call, press the (–) or (+) buttons to adjust the volume of the handset, speakerphone, or headset, whichever is active.
- To browse the phone contact list or call lists, press Menu, then Features, then Directories.
The call lists show missed, placed, and received calls.
- When enterng a destination with alphanumerics or special characters, be sure to pause momentarily between key presses. For example, when dialing **<ext> press *, pause for a moment, press * again, then dial the extension.