Polycom VVX-300/310 VoIP Phone Quick Start Guide
Posted by Alex Salehi on 21 June 2016 08:11 PM
This article explains the basic operation of the Polycom VVX-300 and -310 VoIP phones.
- The four buttons immediately below the LCD display are soft keys.
- Each soft key performs the action displayed immediately above it.
- Soft key behavior is context sensitive – the associated soft key action changes according to current phone state.
Place a Call
- Enter the desired internal extension or external number.
- Lift the receiver or press the speakerphone button to call.
- To access voicemail messages, press the (Messages) key to the left of the keypad.
Depending on your system configuration, you may be asked for your voicemail passcode.
Last Number Redial
- Press the right arrow key to bring up the Placed Calls list.
- Use up/down arrow keys to select number to redial.
- Press the Dial soft key.
- To place a call on hold, press the (Hold) key.
- To resume the call, press the Resume soft key.
- To transfer a call, press the (Transfer) key.
- Dial the destination number, then press Dial.
- When the destination party answers, announce the caller, and press Transfer again to complete the transfer.
- To transfer a call, press the Blind soft key and enter the destination number.
- Press the Dial button to connect the remote party to the destination and disconnect yourself from the call.
Ad-Hoc Conference / 3-Way Calling
- Place (or receive) a call.
- To add another party to the call, press the Confrnc soft key.
- Enter the destination number or extension and press Dial.
- When the destination party answers, press the Confrnc soft key again.
- All parties now join a 3-way call.
Do Not Disturb
- Press the DND soft key. The display shows the icon.
- To resume normal operation, press the DND soft key again.
- To enable call forwarding, press the Forward soft key.
- Select the type of forwarding, select a destination, and press the Enable soft key.
- The phone display indicates call forwarding is enabled.
- To disable forwarding, press the Forward soft key, select type, then press Disable.
Ringer and Handset Volume
- To change the ringer volume, when the phone is idle, press the (–) or (+) button at the bottom of the keypad.
- To change the volume of a call, during an active call, press the (–) or (+) buttons to adjust the volume of the handset, speakerphone, or headset, whichever is active.
- Press the Home key, arrow over to Directories and press the OK key.
- Select Contact Directory and press the OK key.
- Use the up/down arrows to select contact.
- Press the Dial soft key to call a contact.
- When enterting a destination with alphanumerics or special characters, pause momentarily between key presses. For example, when dialing **<ext> press *, pause for a moment, press * again, then dial the extension.