Click the Schedule a new Conference icon available in the Tools section of the Scheduled Conferences page.
This extension type allows setting up conferences that can be accessed by users calling from phones connected to the system, as well as by outside callers (e.g. calling from a phone connected to the PSTN).
This section contains the basic options needed for scheduling a conference.
With these options you can set up behaviors for certain conference related actions.
- Play sound <folder> <sound> before connecting to conference center: If enabled, you can select the sound that will be played for the caller before he is connected to the extension. A pop-up window listing all the available sounds matching the name specified in the text box is displayed.
- Listen - Allows you to listen to the message; the sound's total length is displayed as well using the
hh:mm:ss format. If you want to download the sound on your hard drive, click the Download icon and confirm your choice.
- Name - Click the link to select the sound file
- Folder - The file folder's location. The path will display the folder name and also its origin. "/" placed before the name of a folder signals the current account's default folder. For every "/" added, you go up an account level.
- Enable music on hold: When enabled,the system plays the files located in the Default music on hold folder if there is only one user present in the conference.
- Close the conference when all conference moderators exit: When enabled, the system terminates all calls when all the conference moderators log out.
- Announce user count on joining conference: When enabled, the system announces any new participant about the number of users in the conference call.
- Announce users joining/leaving: When enabled, the system announces the users about any participant joining or leaving the conference call.
- Record conference conversations: Select if you want the system to record all your conferences.
After you are done filling in the details above, click OK to schedule a new conference or Cancel to return to the previous page without scheduling anything.